Subscribe me on YouTube

Monday, March 21, 2011

How To Make A Wireless FM Antenna For Any Mobile Phone

Today I'll tell you how to make a wireless FM antenna for any mobile phone which have 3.5mm earphone jack.

Step 1- Take any cheap 3.5mm earphone(which you could destroy!).

Step2- Cut the earphone wire from from top of the pin.

Step3- Take the pin and remove all plastic insulation attached to it.

Step4- Take a small length of copper wire(about 10-12cm long).

Step5- Attach one end of the copper wire to the top pin of the jack, if you want,you can solder it also. Now connect the jack to your phone and open FM radio,tune in to your favorite channel. Depending on the signal strength at your house,your phone should catch FM signal.

Step6- Your FM antenna is ready, you can attach other end of the wire to the pin above the flat pin,as shone in the figure below. That will make a loop.



Step7- If you want,you can cover the portion above flat pin with tape or thread for grip and for decoration,as I did.



You can watch my video tutorial for this, which I have uploaded to Youtube.

Here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm7V-JrDiwk

Or Here-




That's all! Enjoy FM on the go!

If you like my post,please follow me by the "Follow" option at the top right section of this blog. You can also follow me on Orkut,Twitter,Facebook,my id is Sujoy70.

Thanks for reading!

N.B- This tutorial is for education purpose only. I'm not liable for any damage occurred for trying this. I've made that and using that personally without any kind of problem,as you can see in my Youtube video.

4 comments:

  1. thanks a lot, no one ever tell me that how to attach antenna wire to mobile phone

    ReplyDelete
  2. pin can have 3 to 5 wires. which 2 are to be looped?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic.
    HDMI

    ReplyDelete