Subscribe me on YouTube

Thursday, March 31, 2011

How To Know Whether You Are In 3G Coverage Area Or Not

Today I'll tell you how to know whether 3G have come to your area/city or not. And you don't need any 3G sim to check that. You can check that by your existing 2G sim,but your phone should be 3G enabled.

Although it's a very simple trick,I don't know whether I should call it a trick or not,but for those who doesn't know-

Go to Settings > Phone > Network on a S60v3 phone(like N79,N82,6220). Under "Network Mode" choose "3G" or "UMTS" option.
And in "Operator Selection" ,search for network manually,if any operator name appears,that means you have 3G service of those operators in your area. If any operator name does not comes ,that means you still have to wait for 3G in your area!



For Nokia touch screen phones(like 5800,5230,5235),go to Settings > Connectivity > Network. Rest of the process is same.

That's all!

If you like my post,please follow me by the "Follow" option at the top right section of this blog. You can also follow me on Orkut,my id is Sujoy70.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: